All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact HSnell@fpcc.edu.
The Welding Technician program is intended to provide the necessary instruction to enable students to enter the welding profession in an entry level position. Upon completion students will have the opportunity to take an AWS certification test. This program follows the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) curriculum. These credits fit with the American Welding Society (AWS) SENSE standards and guidelines.
Occupational Objective: Entry level and apprenticeships in welding shops, construction, pipelines, fabrication shops and other related fields.
- Identify common hazards in welding
- Use proper procedures to safely set up different types of welding equipment
- Apply skills to perform basic welding and cutting processes
- Demonstrate fabrication and layout of metal fit-up and design
- Express and identify welding joint design
Estimated Program Costs
|Tuition and Fees||$2250|
|New Student Fee||$15|
* The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
Related Instruction Requirements
|Communications: WRIT 101 or WRIT 104||3|
|Human Relations: HS 100||1|
|Mathematics: M 111 or M 121||3-4|
|Total Related Instruction credits required for certificate||7-8|
Welding Certificate Program of Study
|WLDG 170 Welding I||13|
|WLDG 270 Welding II||13|
|Total Program of Study credits required for certificate||26|
|Total credits required for certificate||33-34|