All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact HSnell@fpcc.edu.
The Welding Technology Certificate is intended to provide the necessary instruction to enable the student to enter the welding profession in an entry-level position. The Welding Technology curriculum adheres to the national standards established by the American Welding Society entry-level welder program.
Occupational Objective: Entry-level and apprenticeships in Welding shops, construction, pipeline, fabrication shops and other related fields.
- Identify common hazards in welding.
- Use proper procedures to safely set-up different types welding equipment.
- Apply skills to perform basic welding and cutting processes.
- Demonstrate fabrication and layout of metal fit-up and design.
- Express and identify welding joint design.
- Incorporate oxygen/acetylene, gas metal arc, shielded metal arc and gas tungsten arc welding into the appropriate application.
Estimated Program Costs
|Tuition and Fees||$2285|
|New Student Fee||$15|
* The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
Related Instruction Requirements
|Communications WRIT 104 Workplace Communications||3|
|Health HLTH 106 Focus on Health||1|
|Human Relations HS 100 Human Relations||1|
|Mathematics M 111 Technical Mathematics||3|
|Native American Studies NASX (one course)||1|
|Technology CAPP (one course)||1|
|Total Related Instruction credits required for certificate||10|
Welding Certificate Program of Study
|WLDG 111 Welding Safety and Theory||2|
|WLDG 112 Blueprint Reading & Welding Symbols||2|
|WLDG 113 Oxy/Fuel & Shielded Metal Arc Welding I||4|
|WLDG 114 Oxy/Fuel & Shielded Metal Arc Welding II||4|
|WLDG 115 Layout||3|
|WLDG 152 Basic Metal Fabrication||2|
|WLDG 153 Basic Metal Fabrication Lab||3|
|WLDG 154 Semi-Automatic Welding||2|
|WLDG 155 Semi-Automatic Welding Lab||3|
|Total Program of Study credits required for certificate||25|
|Total credits required for certificate||35|
*Due to the small number of students in FPCC programs, numbers have been withheld to preserve Fort Peck Community College students’ confidentiality.