All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact HSnell@fpcc.edu.
The Truck Driving Certificate program is designed to provide students with applicable, practical knowledge of the trucking and commercial passenger industries, including requisite laws, regulations, operator qualifications, preventative maintenance, controls and basic operational experiences/skills.
Successful students will be well prepared to pass the necessary state licensure exams in order to attain a Class “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)—as well as other Classes of commercial vehicle operations licenses.
Occupational Objective: Commercial licensed truck driver
- Demonstrate the standards of the industry and of the Federal Motor Carriers Regulations.
- Apply to practical use, knowledge learned of basic vehicle construction and vehicle systems.
- Conduct pre-trip inspection on the vehicle before driving.
- Understand the importance of safety and demonstrate safety while on the road.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills for road and traffic problems, and apply appropriate driving techniques to manage changing driving conditions.
- Demonstrate basic competency in the use of technology to access the data for road conditions, repair information and document travel.
- Identify career options and plan for employment within the industry.
Estimated Program Costs
|Tuition and Fees||$2250|
|New Student Fee||$15|
* The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
Related Instruction Requirements
|Communications: WRIT 101 or WRIT 104||3|
|Human Relations HS 100||1|
|Mathematics M 111 or M 121||3-4|
|Total Related Instruction credits required for certificate||7-8|
Truck Driving Certificate Program of Study
|TD 101 Truck Driving I||8|
|TD 105 Truck Driving II||8|
|TD 115 Vehicle Operations I||4|
|TD 116 Vehicle Operations II||4|
|Total Program of Study credits required for certificate||24|
|Total credits required for certificate||30-31|
*Due to the small number of students in FPCC programs, numbers have been withheld to preserve Fort Peck Community College students’ confidentiality.