All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact HSnell@fpcc.edu.
The Graphic/Web Design Certificate of Applied Science (CAS) program provides learners with hands-on lessons and exercises to acquire the abilities to utilize digital media to plan, design, build and maintain effective visual communication through graphics, video and web design. Students obtain the skills necessary to prepare for the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) certification and/or pursue employment in the graphic and web design fields.
Occupational Objective: Graphics/Web Designer
- Demonstrate and maintain effective communication visually through graphic, web and multi-media
- Create original design concepts; import graphic and media files; employ animation, create interactive movies, video and audio for playback and for the web
- Perform work in a “team” environment with an emphasis on completion and quality of work to compete in the annual American Indian Higher Education Consortium (AIHEC) Web Design and Film competitions
- Students will develop the skills necessary for employment in the graphic and/or web design fields or an entrepreneurial pursuit
Estimated Program Costs
|Tuition and Fees||$2285|
|New Student Fee||$15|
* The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
Related Instruction Requirements
|Communications WRIT 101 or WRIT 104||3|
|Human Relations HS 100||1|
|Mathematics M 111 or M 121||3-4|
|Total Related Instruction credits required for degree||7-8|
Computer Graphics/Web Design Certificate Program of Study
|CAPP 131 Basic MS Office||3|
|MART 103 Introduction to Film||3|
|MART 145 Web Design||3|
|MART 255 Introduction to Photoshop for Media Arts||3|
|MART 256 Introduction to Illustrator for Media Arts||3|
|MART 257 Introduction to Flash for Media Arts||3|
|MART 258 Introduction to Dreamweaver for Media Arts||3|
|MART 259 Introduction to Premier Pro for Media Arts||3|
|Total Program of Study credits required for degree||24|
|Total credits required for degree||31-32|
*Due to the small number of students in FPCC programs, numbers have been withheld to preserve Fort Peck Community College students’ confidentiality.