All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact HSnell@fpcc.edu.
The Building Trades Certificate program emphasizes the construction of frame structures, finish work and other phases of construction. This is a one-year program with skill training and application.
Occupational Objective: entry-level positions in carpentry.
- Work safely on a construction site.
- Apply modern construction methods to produce an acceptable product.
- Recognize construction terms and material and apply that knowledge to produce acceptable products.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the work ethic, both physical and mental to be a successful carpenter.
- Develop an ability to plan, create, and complete construction jobs in a safe and timely manner.
- Develop the skills for an entry-level carpenter in residential and light commercial construction.
Estimated Program Costs
|Tuition and Fees||$2285|
|New Student Fee||$15|
* The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
Related Instruction Requirements
|Communications WRIT 104 Workplace Communications||3|
|Health HLTH 106 Focus on Health||1|
|Human Relations HS 100 Human Relations||1|
|Mathematics M 111 Technical Mathematics||3|
|Native American Studies NASX (one course)||1|
|Technology CAPP (one course)||1|
|Total Related Instruction credits required for certificate||10|
Building Trades Certificate Program of Study
|BT 120 Shop Safety and Procedures||2|
|BT 125 Roofing||3|
|BT 130 Framing||3|
|BT 135 Concrete||3|
|BT 140 Finish Carpentry I||3|
|BT 145 Floor Laying||3|
|BT 150 Gypsum Wall Board and Finish||3|
|Total Program of Study credits required for certificate||20|
|Total credits required for certificate||30|
*Due to the small number of students in FPCC programs, numbers have been withheld to preserve Fort Peck Community College students’ confidentiality.