All provisions within this catalog are subject to change without notice. If you have questions or comments, please contact HSnell@fpcc.edu.
The Automotive Technology Certificate program provides practical skills training for students in the maintenance and repair of vehicles. The Automotive Technology program adheres to industry standards that are followed throughout the program both in the classroom and with live hands-on projects in the automotive laboratory. Upon completion of the Automotive Technology Certificate of Applied Science program, the student will be able to demonstrate the ability to analyze basic automotive electrical circuits, apply and use skills for brake, suspension, wheels and tires systems and utilize service manuals and diagnostics procedures. It will prepare students for a career in the automotive field.
Occupational Objective: Entry-level automotive technician with automotive dealerships, independent repair shops, oil field applications, fleet shops and other related areas.
- Use proper tools, equipment, precautions and procedures to safely perform repairs
- Diagnose and repair brake systems, electrical systems, steering and suspension systems
- Demonstrate the ability to locate service repair information by many different types of media
- Develop essential workplace skills and attributes necessary for an automotive related career
Estimated Program Costs
|Tuition and Fees||$2285|
|New Student Fee||$15|
* The amounts shown above include costs for the entire program, assuming normal time to completion. Note that this information is subject to change.
Related Instruction Requirements
|Communications: WRIT 101 or WRIT 104||3|
|Human Relations: HS 100||1|
|Mathematics: M 111 or M 121||3-4|
|Total Related Instruction credits required for certificate||7-8|
Automotive Technician Certificate Program of Study
|AST 102 Introduction to Automotive Service||3|
|AST 116 Chassis I||5|
|AST 117 Chassis II||4|
|AST 138 Electrical I||4|
|AST 139 Electrical II||4|
|WLDG 100 Introduction to Welding Fundamentals||3|
|Total Program of Study Credits required for certificate||23|
|Total credits required for certificate||30-31|
*Due to the small number of students in FPCC programs, numbers have been withheld to preserve Fort Peck Community College students’ confidentiality.